The sweet vanilla and caramel flavours make crème brûlée THE gourmet dessert per excellence.
Everyone knows this classic and loves it… but have you ever tried making it yourself at home? We share the recipe with you!
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 egg yolks
- 500 ml of full cream
- 60 g sugar
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture becomes frothy and lighter.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and cream with the vanilla bean (seeds and split pod). Remove the pod and pour the mixture into the bowl while whisking.
- Pour the mixture into small ramekins and place them in a high-sided baking dish. Pour hot water halfway up the ramekins. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then place the ramekins in the fridge for about 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and caramelize the top with a blowtorch.