Panna cotta is a dessert that comes straight from Italy. Simple and quick to make, it is an almost unstoppable classic.
Panna cotta means “cooked cream” in Italian… And its preparation is as simple as its name suggests. You only need a few ingredients: cream, sugar, a few sheets of gelatine… and a nice vanilla bean of course!
To bring out the sweetness of the vanilla, we like to add jam or exotic fruit puree to the panna cotta. Want to try making it at home? We share our recipe with you!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 vanilla bean
- 50cl full cream
- 50g sugar
- 7g gelatine leaves
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for a few minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream with the sugar and the vanilla (seeds and split bean).
- When the cream starts to boil, remove the vanilla bean and, off the heat, add the wrung-out gelatine. Stir for a few minutes until the cream has cooled.
- Pour into verrines. Cover and chill for 7 hours.
- Serve with jam or fruit sauce